My top ten favorite verses form Andre 3000

 



Since today is his birthday I thought it would be a great ideal to post my favorite verses from my favorite member of my second favorite rap duo of all time.


10.10. Deuces remix

The farewell email from a female

But I’m a playa, ain't gonna tell you all the details

What it entails is hard to say, like sellin' seashells

By the seashore, but she’s not a bore

But neither a whore who needs to know more

The kind you can’t ignore but want to open the door for

Or run in your favorite store, and leave with all them shopping bags and half of it ain't yours

I did things for her; ain't rich, ain't poor

I wanted to do more, but hell, I just ain't know her

Well enough to know if this is all she came for

But enough to know tonight excited she came four

Times to my cousin house to see if I was there

Get your minds out the gutter, man

We out here tryna have a good time

And here I am, all heavy with the words where

Somebody that's a nerd, likely fast forward

But, shit, they asked for it

It’s hard to throw up them deuces

‘Cause when you know it’s juicy

You start to sound like Confucius when makin' up excuses

Chase the Cabooses until the track gone

I gotta find me a new locomotive, stop makin' sad songs


9.Interlude


Today I feel electric gray, I hope tomorrow neon black

I tell a nigga all those flows are borrowed, it’s the pharaoh, Three Stacks

I woke up in Cairo, lookin’ at stars so bright in the sky I thought they were marbles

No car doors, whatcha call those? a whole carload of raw hoes

In a Jeep Defender, please remember, don’t feed the Simba

Three’s a symbol like nobody, he’s a symbol of what’s safari

Pulled her ponytail to my body, she’s the only girl that was smart enough to call me

Mr. Benjamin in the middle of a wild party

Skin was cinnamon, I pounded harder

How come the only girls that are thought of are the light ones?

Well tonight then, we gon’ do it, do it, do it for the dark ones

It’s important that you are more than welcome to the Carter 4

And y’all enjoy it, I will go ahead and I’ll kiss y’all on y’all forehead

Out



8.Life of the Party


It's after hours at that glamorous blind spot
Where they're taking it easy, swapping personal experiences
Let's listen in America Today
Life of the party, mhm, 'til I almost cry, mhm
It's the life of the party, to think I could've almost died
Lord, help us
Hey, Miss Donda
You run into my mama, please tell her I said "Say something"
I'm startin' to believe ain't no such thing as Heaven's trumpets
No after-over, this is it, done
If there's a Heaven, you would think they'd let ya speak to your son
Maybe she has in the form of a baby's laugh
I heard passing by in a stroller reminding me, "Hey, keep rolling"
I don't know, maybe she has with a prick of a blade of grass
I've been laying on way too long, got me itchy
Got up and roamed a lil' more
Miss Donda, you see my mama, tell her I'm lost
You see, she'd always light a cigarette, we talk, I would cough
Exaggerating a lil' bit so she get the point
Tryna get her to stop smoking, I would leave and fire up a joint
'Til I quit, started back up again, 20 years later
All that time, y'all thought a n- was high, thought I was crazy
My mom, she ain't cut no corners
Got me back on track, I don't miss her overstepping
But do miss her showing Seven civilian life sh-
Ah, Miss Donda, you see my mama, whisper her this
The real reason I was geeked to go to church
Must confess, when y'all grown-ups would be in Bible study
That girl helping me with my homework? Her and I were f-
So pure and p-, so spirit spinning and dirty
So on, so on, and so on, we hoped that no one heard us
And to this day, I think her mama knew but let us explore
Miss Donda, you see my father, please, ask him why he never married
Always smiled, but was he happy inside?
Because I carried my mother's name, did he carry shame with him?
I'm sure she did it out of spite, it was her decision at birth
shyt, she probably was hurt, ah, poor baby
Two young people with different views, a lot for a young lady
No coincidence, they both passed away from heart conditions
There's a dissidence at play, dad and mom do hard division
Three Thou', poster child for big - raised by their mothers
I'm supposed to smile as if God knew that I would be troubled
Keeps me around, for what? I don't know
But I do know that it's crucial, that we do so, pronto
I don't know how much long though


7.Da Art of Storytellin pt.1(Can't embed)


Now Suzy Skrew had a partner named Sasha... Thumper
I remember her number like the summer
When her and Suzy, yeah, they threw a slumber
Party, but you can not call it that 'cause it was slummer
Well, it was more like spend the night
Three in the morning, yawning, dancing under street lights
We chilling like a villain, and a nikka feeling right
In the middle of the ghetto on the curb, but in spite of all the bullshyt
We on our back staring at the stars above (Aw, man)
Talking bout what we gonna be when we grow up (Mm)
I said, "What you wanna be?" She said, "Alive"
It made me think for a minute, then looked in her eyes
I coulda died, time went on, I got grown
Rhyme got strong, mind got blown
I came back home to find lil' Sasha was gone
Her mama said she with a nikka that be treating her wrong (Man)
I kept on singing my song and hoping at a show
That I would one day see her standing in the front row
But two weeks later, she got found in the back of a school
With a needle in her arm, baby two months due
Sasha Thumper


6.Int'l Playas Anthem


So, I typed a text to a girl I used to see
Saying that I chose this cutie pie with whom I wanna be
And I apologize if this message gets you down
Then I CC'ed every girl that I'd see-see 'round town
And hate to see y'all frown but I'd rather see her smilin'
Wetness all around me, true, but I'm no island
Peninsula maybe, it makes no sense, I know crazy
Give up all this p*ssy cat that's in my lap, no looking back
Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors
They dip as quick as they can, the atmosphere is now ripped
I'm so like a pimp, I'm glad it's night
Stole the light from the sun would not burn me on my bum
When I shoot the moon, high jump the broom
Like a preemie out the womb
My partner yelling, "Too soon, don't do it!
Reconsider, read some literature on the subject
You sure? fukk it
You know we got your back like chiropractic
If that bytch do you dirty, we'll wipe her ass out in some detergent
Now hurry, hurry, go on to the altar
I know you ain't a pimp, but pimp, remember what I taught ya:
Keep your heart Three Stacks, keep your heart
Hey, keep your heart Three Stacks, keep your heart
Man, these girls is smart, Three Stacks, these girls is smart
Play your part... play your part"


5.Rosa Parks

I met a gypsy and she hipped me to some life game
To stimulate then activate the left and right brain
Said, "Baby boy, you only funky as your last cut
You focus on the past, your ass'll be a 'has-what'"
That's one to live or either that's one to die to
I try to just throw it at you, determine your own adventure
André, got to her station, here's my destination she got off the bus The conversation lingered in my head for hours took a shower Kinda sour 'cause my favorite group ain't comin' wit it
But I'm witcha 'cause you probably goin' through it anyway
But anyhow, when in doubt, went on out and bought it
Cause I thought it would be jammin'
But examine all the flawsky-wawsky
Awfully sad and it's costly, but that's all she
Wrote and I hope I never have to float in that boat
Up shyt's creek, "It's weak" is the last quote
That I wanna hear when I'm goin' down
When all's said and done and we got a new joe in town
When the record player get to skippin' and slowin' down
All y'all can say is, "Them nikkas earned that crown", but until then

4.Ms. Jackson

Me and yo' daughter, got a special thing going on (we got a special kind)
(Of thing going on) You say it's puppy love
We say it's full grown
Hope that we feel this, feel this way forever
You can plan a pretty picnic
But you can't predict the weather, Ms. Jackson

Ten times out of nine, now if I'm lyin', fine
The quickest muzzle throw it on my mouth and I'll decline
King meets queen, then the puppy love thing, together dream
'Bout that crib with the Goodyear swing
On the oak tree, I hope we feel like this forever
Forever, forever, ever, forever, ever?
Forever never seems that long until you're grown
And notice that the day by day ruler can't be too wrong
Ms. Jackson my intentions were good I wish I could
Become a magician to abacadabra all the sadder
Thoughts of me, thoughts of she, thoughts of he
Asking what happened to the feeling that her and me
Had, I pray so much about it need some knee, pads
It happened for a reason one can't be, mad
So know this, know that everything's cool
And yes I will be present on the first day of school, and graduation

3.Player's Ball

It's beginning to look a lot like, what?
Follow my every step
Take notes on how I crept
I's bout to go in depth
This is the way I creep my season, here's my ghetto rep
I kept, to say the least no, no it can't cease
So I begin to piece my two and two together
Gots no snowy weather, have to find something to do better, bet
I said subtract, so shut up that, nonsense about some silent night
I gots it crunk, if it ain't real, ain't right
I'm like no matter what the season
Forever chill with Smith
I sip my fifth, I chill with Wesson, got my reasons
So tell me what did you expect
You thought I'd break my neck, to help y'all deck the halls
Oh naw, I got other means of celebrating
I'm getting blizzard at HoJo, I got that hoochie waiting
I made it through another year can't ask for nothing much more
It's OutKast for the books I thought you knew so now you know, let's go

2.B.O.B


One, two
One, two, three, yeah
Yeah, inslumnational, underground
Thunder pounds when I stomp the ground (woo)
Like a million elephants or silverback orangutans
You can't stop a train
Who want some? Don't come unprepared
I'll be there, but when I leave there
Better be a household name
Weather man tellin' us it ain't gon' rain
So now we sittin' in a drop-top, soakin' wet
In a silk suit, tryin' not to sweat
Hit somersaults without the net
But this'll be the year that we won't forget
1-9-9-9, Anno Domini, anything goes, be whatchu wanna be
Long as you know consequences are given for livin'
The fence is too high to jump in jail
Too low to dig, I might just touch hell, hot
Get a life, now they on sale
Then I might cast you a spell
Look at what came in the mail
A scale and some Arm & Hammer
Soul-gold grill and a baby mama
Black Cadillac and a pack of Pampers
Stack of question with no answers
Cure for cancer, cure for AIDS
Make a nikka wanna stay on tour for days
Get back home, things are wrong
Well not really, it was bad all along
Before you left adds up to a ball of power
Thoughts at a thousands miles per hour
Hello, ghetto, let your brain breathe
Believe there's always mo', ow


1.AtLiens(Can't Embed)


Now, my oral illustration be like clitoral stimulation
To the female gender, ain't nothing better
Let me know when it's wet enough to enter
If not I'll wait, because the future of the world depends on
If or if not the child we raise gon' have that nikka syndrome
Or will it know to beat the odds regardless of the skin tone?
Or will it feel that if we tune it, it just might get picked on?
Or will it give a fukk about what others say and get gone?
They alienate-us 'cause we different keep your hands to the sky
Like Sounds of Blackness when I practice what I preach ain't no lie
I'll be the baker and the maker of the piece of my pie
Now breaker, breaker 10-4 can I get some reply?
Now everybody say

Softly as if I played piano in the dark
Found a way to channel my anger now to embark
The world's a stage and everybody gots to play their part
God works in mysterious ways, so when he starts
The job of speaking through us, we be so sincere with this here
No drugs or alcohol, so I can get the signal clear as day
Put my Glock away, I got a stronger weapon
That never runs out of ammunition, so I'm ready for war, okay




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The top 10 acts I wanna see at the gathering of the juggalos this year